Honey, what's for Supper? Here is week 5 of simple family friendly and bariatric healthy meals. This is what we are cooking to live while losing and to stay at goal. Watch us shine, watch us lose weight... But it's better to join us!
Life with Bariatric Eating is good. It's also tasty.
- Monday: Skinny Fiesta Casserole - A huge hit in my house! Sautéed chicken with a quick homemade enchilada sauce, baked and topped with cooling lettuce and diced tomato. Yum!
- Tuesday: Roasted Butternut Squash & Apple Soup - This silky smooth soup is easier than it looks! Just roast the ingredients until soft and caramelized. Then it all goes in the blender and buzzed until silky smooth.
- PAIR WITH: Turkey Lettuce Wraps - for a filling & satisfying meal for all!<
- Wednesday: One Pan Chicken Parm - One of my favorite dishes. Sauté tenderized chicken and create a quick smokey sauce with a flash of fresh basil. Thin slices of provolone seal the deal!
- Thursday: Tuna Melts - A classic turned low carb. Place a scoop of tuna on a pile of grape tomatoes, top with guacamole and cheese and run through the broiler.
- Friday: Sheet Pan Chicken Faijtas! - Everyone loves Mexican food, and this sheet pan twist makes it low carb, quick and easy after a long work week!
- Saturday: No Crust Swiss and Spinach Quiche - You won't believe the flavor in this dish! Freshly grated nutmeg takes this spinach & Swiss custard to the next level. Leftovers reheat beautifully
- Sunday: Sliced Steak and Cheesy 'Rice' - Marinated steak made super tender by thinly slicing across the grain and paired with a roasted cauliflower casserole. Perfect.
- This Week’s Sweet Treat: Sweet Ricotta Berry Pie - Made with Part Skim Milk Ricotta, Splenda, Eggs, Fresh Raspberries & Blackberries. A small 1/12 wedge from the pie plate after an evening meal helps keep us on the No Sugar path.