Some post op foods are just super fresh and simple and absolutely delicious.
This is what I eat when I don't feel like cooking or going out.
It is perfect for breakfast, lunch, supper, or at midnight when you just got home and want something good to eat. You can make this with one egg... two eggs... three eggs. You can eat it yourself... or you can share it. If you don't have broccoli, you can use baby spinach... or cherry tomatoes... or bell peppers.
If you don't have cute mini cast iron skillets from Cracker Barrel, you can use small baking dishes. Try this dish... it's really beautiful... and eggcellent!
- 1/2 cup broccoli tops, broken into small pieces
- 1 small garlic clove, cut in half
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce
- 1/4 cup shredded Cheddar or smoked Cheddar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Saute the broccoli and garlic in the olive oil in a skillet until bright green and tender, 2 to 4 minutes
- Break each egg into a small dish, leaving the yolk intact, and then carefully pour into each skillet - use as many or as few as you would like
- Drizzle Sriracha over the entire pan - the amount will depend on your preference for heat and flavor - I use about 1 tablespoon per pan
- Add a couple tablespoons freshly shredded cheese
- Bake until the egg whites are just set, 10 to 15 minutes. They will continue to cook outside of the oven
- Sprinkle salt and fresh ground pepper on top before serving