I really love lamb! These perfect lean chops are the right size and tenderness for bariatric dining.
Pan sear the chops while my Parmesan Cauliflower roasts and then the lamb goes nto the oven to finish while the salad gets plated. This is a 30 minute meal that is an excellent choice for a holiday or special occasion meal. I cannot think of a nicer Easter Dinner for two or four. This plate of food could be served in a very fancy pants restaurant! The cauliflower is out of this world.
- 1/2 medium head cauliflower, cut into 1 inch slices or planks
- olive oil
- Salt and Pepper, or I like to use a Tuscan or meat seasoning such as Szeged for Chicken or Montreal Steak Seasoning
- Parmesan cheese
- 3 loin lamb chops - I like the kind that are like little T-bone steaks and get one for me and two for Ty.
- Baby lettuce
- Pink Pickled Eggs and Beets
- Small knob of cheese for salad - blue cheese, goat cheese, mozzarella ball, smoked Gouda, your choice and just a small cube
- Balsamic vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and have both racks in the oven.
- Arrange cauliflower on sheet pan, drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and lots of freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
- Roast on top rack of oven for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Season the lamb chops on both sides and sear in a drizzle of olive oil in a non stick skillet, 2 minutes per side.
- Place entire skillet on bottom rack of oven and reduce temperature to 325. Cook for 8 minutes. Remove lamb chops to a plate to rest.
- Arrange small salad on serving plates with slices of Pink Pickled Egg, cheese, beets, and finish with salt pepper and a drizzle of olive oil and balsamic.
- Plate the lamb and roasted cauliflower and serve.