Loaded Twice Baked 'Potatoes', the Perfect Side Dish for Your Holiday Pot Luck!
Fully loaded with all the right flavors of 'sour cream', bacon, cheddar and scallions, this simple dish will be the first to disappear at your family holiday buffet table. THIS is what bariatric eating is all about - making a delicious dish that is easy for you to eat that the family will also LOVE LOVE LOVE.
For a smaller family dinner, bake these in small oven proof dishes or even individual foil cups, dress up and serve one per person! I scoop mine using a metal ice cream scoop into small custard cups and bake until golden! Perfect.
- 1 whole cauliflower, leaves removed
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and cut in half
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Sea salt
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 4 ounces yellow cheddar cheese, freshly grated
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Loaded Potato Toppings: bacon bits, shredded cheddar, sliced scallions, plain Greek yogurt or light sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Slice head of cauliflower into 3/4 inch planks and arrange with the garlic on a Pam sprayed sheet pan.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Roast until softened and edges are browned, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Transfer roasted cauliflower into a food processor.
- Add the yogurt, cheese, parsley, eggs, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper - pulse until smooth.
- Pour into small casserole dish and bake until puffed and golden, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Dish up a serving and add toppings.