Susan Maria Leach
Perfect for any Summer Patio Party or BBQ this is one dessert everyone will enjoy and NO one will realize there's no added sugar!
- 8-ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, softened - NOT fat free as it has gums
- 1/4 cup Truvia Blend or 1/2 cup Splenda Granulated
- 1/2 cup Smucker's Sugar Free Strawberry Preserves
- One, 6 ounce cup Fage 2% Greek yogurt - best as very thick and rich
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups Cool Whip, thawed - even I don't use real whipped cream, this works!
- 1 quart fresh strawberries - 1 cup diced, remainder cut into slices
- 1 cookie crumb crust - pulse 2/3 package Murray sugar free butter or oatmeal cookies with 1 tablespoon melted butter in food processor and press into pie plate or springform bottom
Beat the cream cheese and Truvia, using an electric mixer, until fluffy. Add the preserves, yogurt and vanilla; beat until just combined. Fold in the whipped topping and chopped strawberries. Pile the filling into crust, smooth and either chill or freeze. I remove from freezer about 20 minutes before serving to soften. Arrange berry slices to decorate pie.