You can put a plate of freshly baked chicken tenders on the table in less time than you can cook frozen processed ones!
These don't need a lot of oven time - and the Parmesan Panko crust on one side really gives the chicken texture while the Greek yogurt keeps it moist. A great dish!
- 10 to 12 chicken tenderloins, about one pound
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt (the classic version uses Hellmann's mayonnaise)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup Progresso Italian flavored panko breadcrumbs (or regular if you can't find panko)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place the yogurt in a small bowl season with 1/2 teaspoon salt, a few grinds black pepper and the olive oil.
- Add the chicken tenders and using your fingertips, squish around in the yogurt to lightly coat.
- Combine the cheese and breadcrumbs in a shallow dish then lightly lay each chicken tender in the crumb mixture to coat one side.
- Place crumb side up on a baking sheet that has been coated with cooking spray.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until almost cooked through; turn on broiler and continue to cook 1 to 2 minutes until golden brown.