Truvia natural sugar replacer provides similar structure to sugar, so it bakes up just lovely and sugar free. Every now and then, it is nice to bake a cake and this one is really tasty.
Top a sliver with a few berries and some sugar free whipped cream for a very elegant special dessert. Sift top with a little cocoa! Make a single layer or cupcakes for great portion control – I use silicon cups I picked up at TJMaxx for two dollars. This is a perfect chocolate layer... bake TWO and make a layer cake for a birthday or holiday.Baking Tip: Coffee enhances chocolate flavor without adding coffee taste on its own.
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup almond flour - I use Bobs Red Mill brand
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa - I use Ghirardelli brand
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup Truvia for baking
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup cold coffee
- ½ teaspoon pure almond extract
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray a 9 inch round cake pan with vegetable cooking spray and line with a parchment round.
- Mix together the flour, almond flour, cocoa, baking soda, sweetener, and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together the coffee, butter, almond extract and vinegar.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk until smooth.
- Pour into the cake pan, smooth then tap on counter to level and remove air bubbles.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the top springs back when pressed gently. Be careful to not over bake.
- Cool ten minutes before removing from the pan. Lightly dust with cocoa powder, if desired.