So much better than a store bought glazed ham... this tastes homemade. It's sweet yet it is sugar free!
The entire family willl LOVE this sticky delicious beautifully glazed ham.
- One whole fresh pineapple, cored and cut into 1/2 inch slices, 1/2 cup juice reserved or 1 can Dole Pineapple Rings in natural juice, 1/2 cup juice reserved
- 2 tablespoons butter
- One jar Smucker's Sugar Free Apricot or Orange Preserves
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves - to simmer in glaze and stick into the ham
- 3 to 5 pound fully cooked ham
- Sauté the pineapple slices in the butter, in a large non stick skillet over high heat until they begin to caramelize and have some color.
- Lower heat, add the preserves, reserved pineapple juice, vinegar, 10 whole cloves, a big pinch of salt and a few grinds of pepper - cook until thick and syrupy, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Place ham into a small roasting pan, add 1/4 cup water, score the fat and poke whole cloves into the surface.
- Roast in preheated 350 degree oven until hot - about 8 minutes per pound.
- Increase oven temp to 375. Spoon some of the glaze and pan juices over ham, return to oven and cook until some browned edges are created - 10 to 15 minutes - watch carefully so it does not burn.
- Slice and serve with the sautéed pineapple slices and additional glaze.