Easy and delicious supper!
Nothing better than fresh healthy cleanly prepared food that is full of flavor. Put the chicken in the oven and then make the zucchini in red sauce as a side. I cheat with the zucchini and use half a jar of Mario Batali sauce that I keep in the cupboard for a fast meal.
Roasted Lemon Chicken: Ingredients
- 1 Cornish hen per two people
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lemon
- 4 garlic cloves sliced
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Tuscan Italian seasoning or oregano and crushed red pepper flakes
Roasted Lemon Chicken: Instructions
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Cut a small roasting chicken or Cornish hen in half and place in a nonstick skillet
- Cut a lemon in half, squeeze the juice over the chicken and toss into the pan
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Scatter garlic over chicken.
- Generously season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Sprinkle with Tuscan seasoning.
- Roast for 15 minutes, baste with pan juices and cook until meat thermometer inserted into thigh reaches internal temperature of 160 which will continue to move past 165 when removed from oven, or until juices run clear - 35 to 45 minutes.
Zucchini in Pasta Sauce: Ingredients
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 cup Mario Batali pasta sauce
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
Zucchini in Pasta Sauce: Instructions
- Place zucchini and pasta sauce into a medium covered saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium high heat, cover and reduce heat to low - simmer until soft and tender, 15 to 18 minutes.
- Just before serving, add freshly grated Parmesan cheese.