This Ground Beef Meal makes a tasty, fast meal for a busy weeknight or anytime. 100% bariatric friendly!
Serve with roasted Parmesan cauliflower or a tomato cucumber salad!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- One 8 ounce package mushrooms, sliced
- 1 pound lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1 egg
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/4 cups beef broth or a beef cube dissolved in 1 1/4 cups hot water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon ketchup - I buy Heinz low sugar
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat; sautè onions and mushrooms until liquid has evaporated and vegetables are softened - 8 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer to small bowl to cool. Removed half of the mixture to a cutting board and coarsely chop.
- In large bowl, mix beef, egg, cooled chopped vegetables, 1 teaspoon Worcestershire, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
- Shape beef mixture into 6 oval patties, about 1/2 inch thick.
- Cook the beef patties in the non stick skillet over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes per side turning once.
- Add the reserved mushrooms and onions back to pan.
- Blend the beef broth with the cornstarch, ketchup and 1 teaspoon Worcestershire.
- Add the mixture to the pan and heat to boiling - stirring constantly until gravy is glossy and thick.
- Heat for a few minutes and serve.