Fresh flavors overwhelm your mouth when you eat a spoonful of this wonderful salsa.
Salsa is my favorite FOOD GROUP. Instead of chips, I use a spoon and eat it from a small dish! Spoon salsa onto thinly sliced chicken breasts or turkey tenderloins to make them moist and easy to eat. Toss a pound of cooked shrimp with 1 cup Salsa Fresca for an amazing and fast Shrimp Ceviche Salad.
- 8 large ripe Roma or plum tomatoes, diced
- ½ medium sweet onion, finely diced
- 1 fresh serrano or jalapeño chile, minced
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Juice of three limes
- Sea salt
- A couple of tablespoons ketchup (yep, a tip I learned while living in Mexico)
- Hot sauce to taste
- Toss the tomatoes, onion, serrano and cilantro with the lime juice, a big pinch of salt and ketchup in a large bowl; season with hot sauce to taste. Serve immediately.