This very easy recipe, from The Grand Mayan resort in the Riviera Maya, is the best salsa you have ever tasted.
Simplicity at it’s best.
You will never buy salsa in a jar again after you make this six ingredient recipe - it will be your most requested dish for weekends, parties, and family gatherings. Double or triple it with ease! You can thank me later.
- 2 pounds ripe plum or Roma tomatoes (about 8), cut in half
- 3 fresh jalapeños
- 1 medium white onion, peeled and cut into wedges
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh cilantro including soft stems
- Juice of 2 limes
- Sea salt
- Preheat broiler to 450 or highest setting.
- Arrange tomatoes, jalapeños, onion, and garlic on a sheet pan.
- Roast until charred on all sides, about 12 to 15 minutes - flesh should be soft with spots that are blackened.
- Transfer roasted vegetables along with the juice, to the food processor or blender with the cilantro, lime juice, and salt. Pulse a few times - you want the mixture to have a coarse texture.
You can spoon this over grilled baked broiled pan seared fish, chicken, pork, turkey, beef!