Shrimp cocktails are special! The easiest holiday appetizer you can think of.
They are also a perfect lunch or supper as they are low in calories and fat, high in protein, and you don't even have to cook. When I need a fast supper or lunch, this is what I eat.
- 5 cooked and peeled shrimp per person
- Watercress or baby arugula
- Lemon slices
- Prepared cocktail sauce or blend 1 cup ketchup with 1 tablespoon jarred horseradish
- Place a nest of greens in the center of your wineglass or martini glass or plate.
- Arrange shrimp around the edge of the glass and pass the sauce.