Simmer a tender pork roast all day and serve with a slightly sweet and tangy sauce for a dinner that's Lip-Smacking' Good!
- Pork Butt, 3 to 4 pounds
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Cracked Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 tablespoon Smoked Paprika
- 2 cups Chicken Broth
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Truvia Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Rub the spices all over the roast, be sure to coat evenly and on all sides
- Place in slow cooker.
- Add broth to the pot to almost cover the pork.
- Cook on LOW setting for 8 hours.
- When the roast is cooked and fork tender, drain off all of the liquid.
- Take two forks and shred the meat. Place back in slow cooker pot.
- Add 1 cup of sauce to the meat, toss to coat and replace the lid on the slow cooker.
- Switch setting to Keep Warm and serve in 1 hour with BBQ Sauceon the side.
For the BBQ Sauce
- Mix together vinegar, brown sugar replacer, cayenne, tabasco, ketchup.
Try serving this with our Boston Baked Beans and a simple tossed salad on the side.