These are spectacular – hard to believe they have five ingredients and are low calorie, have no sugar, and nearly no carbs.
I have a bag of Pecan Meal in my freezer procured on a trip to a Pecan Grove in Georgia last fall so instead of using Almond Meal, mine feature a touch of Southern Pecan goodness. You can choose any flavor of Jam you would like, I had half a jar of Smuckers Sugar Free Strawberry!
- 2 cups almond or pecan meal
- 1/3 cup Truvia or any type of sugar if you are simply looking to make a healthy cookie
- Big pinch of salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup sugar free preserves or puree
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine pecan meal, Truvia, salt, and egg white in food processor until mixture forms a soft dough.
- Transfer dough to lined baking sheet, divide in half, and shape each into a 7 by 2 inch long log about 1/2 inch high.
- With a moistened thumb make a 1/2 inch deep trench down the length of the log.
- Bake until dough is lightly golden and set, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Remove log from oven and spoon jam along the trench in the warm cookie bar.
- Cool on baking sheet for ten minutes before cutting crosswise on an angle into 25 bars, each 1/2 inch wide.