Amazing flavor - a perfect sugar free cocktail using ingredients most restaurant bars have on hand. Cin cin!
Most mojitos or mixed cocktails use Simple Syrup or Sugar Syrup or Roses Sweetened Lime Juice all which can kill a days worth of calorie counting with their sky high sugar content. I like to have a few sugar free cocktails in my arsenal to coach the bartender. This cocktail is particularly delicious either on the rocks or straight up martini style!
- 1 heaping tablespoon Splenda granular (or three packets)
- 2 strawberries halved
- 6 fresh mint leaves
- 1½ ounces medium or white rum
- Club soda
- Muddle (this means press the ingredients against the side or bottom of a glass. This will release a lot of flavor into the drink) the Splenda, strawberries, and mint in a bar shaker.
- Add rum and shake with cubed ice - strain over fresh ice in tall glass and top off with club soda.
- Garnish with a mint leaf and a strawberry slice.