- One 10 ounce package Murray Sugar Free Shortbread Cookies, or similar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Splenda granular (yellow bag), plus additional if making fresh whipped cream
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 quarts fresh strawberries, sliced
- Two .30 ounce packages Sugar Free Strawberry Jello gelatin powder (that is the small, four serving size. You could also use one .60 oz package. So either two small or one large ;)
- Sugar Free Cool Whip or freshly whipped cream lightly sweetened with Splenda
In a food processor, pulse the cookies into fine even crumbs. [TIP: if you do not have a processor, place cookies in bag and crush with the bottom of a heavy pot.] Add the butter and cinnamon - pulse until mixture resembles damp sand. Press into a pie plate with a small measuring cup or the back of a spoon and chill while filling is prepared.
Blend the Splenda and cornstarch with 1 1/2 cups cold water, in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium high heat, stirring frequently and cook until clear, glossy and thickened, 2 to 3 minutes.
Remove from heat and stir in the Sugar Free Jello powder, blending until completely dissolved and smooth. Add the sliced strawberries to the warm mixture in the pot and gently fold to coat the berries. Pour into the crust. Chill two hours or overnight until firm. Cut into wedges and serve with whipped cream.