Excellent bariatric friendly food - the fish steams and is so tender and delicious.
Lots of juices from the citrus and tomato. Add a few shrimp to the packet, change up the seasonings to Tony Chatcheres Cajun or Mexican Adobo, add some freshly cut corn kernels or any fresh summer veggie you have on hand.
- Aluminum Foil or Ready made foil packets
- Tilapia or Mahi Mahi fillets
- Mini sweet peppers
- Red onion
- Cherry or grape tomatoes
- A fresh lime or lemon
- Old Bay Seasoning
- Lay out a foil square for each dinner.
- Layer the fish, pepper and red onion pieces, a couple cut tomatoes, a squeeze of lime, drizzle with olive oil, season with Old Bay Seasoning.
- Fold over the foil and seal it like a pouch.
Three ways to cook your fish packets...
- OVEN: Cook in preheated 400 degree oven for 12 minutes
- GRILL: Pop on a hot preheated grill with top down for 12 minutes
- SKILLET: Place on a dry hot preheated skillet and cook for 12 minutes