A hot summer evening with a Cool Cobb Salad! On the table in 10 minutes with fixin's in your fridge.
The Cobb is a classic and this version takes a little liberty with the ingredients. That's what's great about a salad - you can use anything you have in the fridge - ham, avocado, red onion, feta - whatever you like. The dressing is easy and tasty! This is beautiful, fresh, delicious and healthy. Great bariatric eating for summer.
For the Dressing:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- a few drops Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
For the Salad:
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 cup diced rotisserie chicken or turkey
- 1/2 cup diced cucumber
- 1/4 cup sliced toasted almonds
- 3 cups chopped romaine hearts
- 1 hard cooked egg, sliced
- 1/2 cup blueberries or sliced strawberries
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Whisk olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, Worcestershire, garlic powder, salt and pepper until thickened and set aside.
- Arrange all ingredients in a big wooden or glass salad bowl for a beautiful presentation - tomatoes, chicken, cucumbers, almonds, romaine, egg, fruit and blue cheese.
- Spoon dressing over salad and toss well at table.
- Divide to plates.