This is total no brainer food… a fast lunch that is extremely nutritious and so delicious.
I layer my scoop of tuna and cheese on top of a beautiful slice of ripe tomato as a base for my melt or simply place the tuna salad in a small dish and layer on the cheese. I make this all of the time!
If you would like to fortify your food with added protein, whisk a tablespoons of Pure 100% Unflavored Whey Isolate, into your mayo before blending it into your tuna... then add the remaining ingredients.
If you are following our Inspire Diet to lose your Regain, this will be a decadent meal to treat yourself to once in a while because it still low carb and within the right range for weight loss.
- Two 6 ounce pouches, Starkist albacore tuna
- 2 tablespoons Hellmann's Light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- Very thinly shaved celery
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 slices ripe tomato or grape tomato halves
- One ripe avocado - sliced or scoop from hand
- 4 thin slices provolone or pepper jack cheese
- Prepare your favorite tuna salad - mine is simply tuna, mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, finely chopped red onion, celery, salt and pepper.
- Preheat broiler.
- Assemble tuna melts by placing a thick slice of tomato on a foil lined baking sheet, layer with a scoop of tuna salad, about a tablespoon of fork smashed avocado, and a slice of cheese covering all.
- Broil 6 to 8 minutes, until cheese starts to brown, and is bubbling around edges.
- Use a metal ice cream scoop to neatly portion your tuna for neatness.
- Transfer to serving plates.