Any recipe that starts off with 10 Garlic cloves is a straight up win in my book.
This one is amazing! It's so tender & juicy.
This roast brings all the flavors to your table! Serve with a simple garden salad or with the vegetable of your choice!
- 10 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (or kosher salt)
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (3½ to 4-pound) tied boneless pork loin roast
- 2 ounces diced pancetta, uncured italian bacon
- 1½ cups dry white wine
- Blend the garlic, rosemary, fennel, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper, and olive oil in a small food processor, scraping down the sides of the bowl occasionally, until a paste forms.
- Spread the garlic mixture over and inside the roast – getting some down in the cracks. Place the pork in a roasting pan. Scatter the pancetta over the pork. Cover and allow roast to come to room temperature for 30 minutes to one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Pour ½ cup of wine into the roasting pan. Add more wine to the pan juices every 20 minutes while roasting. Cook until a meat thermometer inserted into the center registers 155 degrees F for medium, 60 to 70 minutes. Transfer the pork to a cutting board. Let stand for 10 minutes. Pour the pan drippings into a glass measuring cup and spoon off any fat that rises to the top.
- Using a large sharp carving knife, cut the pork into ¼-inch-thick slices and serve with the pan juices.