My friend Helen and I shared this dish at Matteo's in Boca Raton along with our Veal Sorrentino.
The zucchini linguini stole the show.
I immediately located a metal peeler to create the shreds and voila - that's the dish.
It is perfect tossed with olive oil, garlic, and Parmesan or red sauce. Even faster version is to pan saute your zucchini shreds and heat them in half a jar of Mario Batali or Gia Russo sauce. It is delicious!
- 3 medium zucchini
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Freshly grated Parmesan
- pasta sauce - optional
- Peel long strips of zucchini using a vegetable peeler or mandolin.
- Sauté the garlic in the olive oil in a large skillet, add the zucchini and gently toss to coat.
- Season with salt and black pepper.
- Cook 8 to 10 minutes, until wilted and tender.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, adjust seasonings and toss to coat with the cheese.
- The zucchini strips can also be simmered in your favorite marinara sauce recipe.