No products in the cart.
Boneless chicken, diced vegetables and a jar of sauce transform into Winner Winner Chicken Dinner in minutes. So bariatric friendly that you’ll be smiling after one taste! I love this dish, it’s tender, flavorful and meaty, but it’s also full of soft vegetables and nutrients.
Fast Chicken Cacciatore
Author: Susan Maria Leach, Before & After
- 1¼ pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, each cut into 4 pieces
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 2 large garlic cloves, sliced
- 8 ounces baby bella or white mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 jar Mario Batali Marinara sauce - or any sauce without sugar in the Ingredients
- 1 teaspoon Italian or Tuscan seasoning
- Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper. Brown in 1½ teaspoons olive oil in a non stick skillet then remove to a bowl. It does not need to cook through.
- Add the remaining olive oil to the pan and sauté the onion, peppers, garlic and mushrooms until softened. Stir in the smoked paprika.
- Add the chicken and any juices from the bowl back into the pan, stir in the sauce and the Italian seasoning.
- Cover and simmer 15 minutes.