No products in the cart.
White Chicken Chili
A fast dish that is absolutely delicious. Throw this together for wonderful Mexican flavors. Another one of our 101 Hacks for Rotisserie Chicken.
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups cooked chicken, shredded - a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store is perfect
- 2 cans great northern or white cannellini beans, drained
- 2, four ounce cans green chiles, or a cup Hatch chopped chilies
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- 1 box (32 ounces) chicken broth – Swanson Natural Goodness Mexican is excellent
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Juice of 2 limes, about 3 tablespoons
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- Sauté the onion in the olive oil in a large pot until translucent.
- Add chicken, 1 can of beans, chilies with juice, cumin and oregano. Stir in half of the chicken broth. Puree the second can of beans in food processor or blender with remaining broth and add to the soup. Bring to a boil – lower heat and simmer 20 to 25 minutes to thicken slightly. Add salt and pepper, lime juice and cilantro.
- Serve with sour cream, shredded Pepper Jack, avocado... as desired.