No products in the cart.
This is a simple, nicely moist, not too sweet, single chocolate layer that’s easy to make and you likely have all the ingredients at home right now. Truvia natural sugar replacer provides similar structure to sugar, so it bakes up just lovely and sugar free. Every now and then, it is nice to bake a cake and this one is really tasty. Top a sliver with a few raspberries and some sugar free whipped cream for a very elegant special dessert. Sift top with a little cocoa!
Perfect Sugar Free Chocolate Cake
In a medium bowl combine
- 1½ cups flour
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup Truvia Baking blend or 1 cup Splenda
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
In a small bowl combine
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup cold coffee
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter or spray a 9 inch round cake pan. I cut a parchment round for the bottom of the pan so it comes out of the pan perfectly.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk until smooth.
- Pour into prepared pan. Drop the pan on the counter top a few times to pop any air bubbles.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until toothpick inserted near center comes out with just a crumb or two, but mostly clean. DO NOT OVERBAKE - underbaking is better than overbaking.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes, then turn onto a wire rack to cool completely. Delish!