No products in the cart.
This is a simple, nicely moist, not too sweet, dark rich chocolatey single layer that’s easy to make and you likely have all the ingredients at home right now.
Truvia natural sugar replacer provides similar structure to sugar, so it bakes up just lovely and sugar free. Every now and then, it is nice to bake a cake and this one is really tasty. Top a sliver with a few raspberries and some sugar free whipped cream for a very elegant special dessert. Sift top with a little cocoa! Make a single layer or cupcakes for great portion control – I use silicon cups I picked up at TJMaxx for two dollars.
Perfect Sugar Free Chocolate Cake
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup almond flour - I use Bobs Red Mill brand
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa - I use Ghirardelli brand
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup Truvia for baking
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup cold coffee
- ½ teaspoon pure almond extract
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- Heat the oven to 350° F. Spray a 9 inch round cake pan with vegetable cooking spray and line with a parchment round.
- Mix together the flour, almond flour, cocoa, baking soda, sweetener, and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together the coffee, butter, almond extract and vinegar.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk until smooth.
- Pour into the cake pan, smooth then tap on counter to level and remove air bubbles.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the top springs back when pressed gently.
- Cool before removing from the pan. Lightly dust with cocoa powder, if desired.