No products in the cart.
A bariatric friendly version of the Libby’s pumpkin recipe that your grandma used.
You’ll want to save this recipe for fall & holiday festivities!
The filling contains a surprise twist ingredient that is creamy delicious and good for you! Don’t tell anyone. When I make this roll, I cut it in half, roll it in wax paper and keep half in the freezer. Some for now, the rest for later!
Even while watching calories this is a ‘better choice’ dessert that will keep you away from the high sugar full calorie desserts. Add this right to the table and let everyone know it has no added sugar and is calorie friendly. It’s really delicious!
Pumpkin Roll with Vanilla Cream Filling, no added sugar
Author: Susan Maria Leach, Before & After
- ⅔ cup all-purpose flour - you can swap out as much as ⅓ cup of flour with almond flour, but NOT all
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup Truvia
- ½ cup canned pumpkin
- One 15 ounce container original ricotta - I choose Polly-O or Calabro
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons Jello Sugar Free Vanilla Instant Pudding powder
- Preheat oven to 375º F. Spray 15 x 10 inch rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray, line with parchment and spray again.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, spices and salt in a small bowl and set aside.
- Beat the eggs and Truvia until light and doubled in volume, mix in the pumpkin, then fold in the flour mixture.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and drop on the counter twice to even out the batter.
- Bake until cake springs back when lightly touched, 12 to 14 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes and turn cake out onto a clean tea towel. Peel off the paper.
- Whip the ricotta, vanilla and instant pudding powder for 45 to 60 seconds, until thick and well combined - blending in food processor is preferable as it creates a very smooth thick filling.
- Spread the room temperature pumpkin cake with a layer of filling - carefully lift up end of towel fold over and roll up so you have a short roll.
- Wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate at least one hour. Cut chilled cake into ½ inch slices with a serrated knife.