Lettuce make a Bariatric BLT for Supper!
All the good parts of the BLT without the carbs. Delicious, not horribly bad for you as long as you go easy on the mayo and your bacon is crisp. Taa daa!
- Wood smoked, high quality, thick cut bacon - if you are going to eat bacon, make it the good stuff
- Romaine lettuce leaves
- Ripe tomato slices
- Hellmann's Light Mayo or Fage Greek yogurt
- I bake my bacon these days and cant believe I havent been doing this my entire life. Its crisp, the fat is no longer an issue and best part is that your stove remains grease free.
- I put my wire cake rack on a cookie sheet with a paper towel under the rack. The tip I read said to put two slices of bread to wick up the bacon fat, but we dont have bread in our house and I use one paper towel. It helps keep grease spattering over the inside of the oven to a minimum.
- Lay out the bacon and roast at 350 degrees (preheated of course) until done, usually 10 to 12 minutes.
- Assemble your fabulous BLT... a smear of mayonnaise, tomato slices and your crisp bacon.