No products in the cart.
Ricotta Puff - savory version
These taste like the cheesy part of a lasagna or ravioli. I like to keep it clean and simple. Delicious with simple marinara spooned over a portion in a small dish.
Author: Susan Leach
- Non stick cooking spray
- 16 ounces part skim milk ricotta (do not use fat free, which has gum starch thickeners)
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup Parmigiano Reggiano, grated
- 1 teaspoon sea salt and ⅓ teaspoon freshly ground black peppers
- optional: chopped spinach, diced tomato, halved cherry tomato, diced sweet pepper, fresh herbs
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and spray a small glass baking dish. I use silicon moulds that are amazing.
- Beat together the ricotta, eggs, cheese, salt and pepper.
- Either fold in or transfer mixture to baking dish and then top with vegetables.
- Bake until golden and slightly puffed, for baking dish 25 to 30 minutes - for muffin cups 12 to 15 minutes.
- Cool slightly before serving.