No products in the cart.
After my bariatric surgery, I stopped using sugar completely and have managed a sweet tooth for nearly 16 years by making occasional sugar free desserts – mostly sugar free Jello or baked egg custards with Splenda – but for a holiday I go a little more fancy pants.
Desserts are impossible to avoid – no one wants to sit without a plate while everyone eats dessert after a holiday meal… for the rest of their life. This no sugar carrot cake is a home run. It is super moist, super delicious, and because it’s so darn good, it’s all you need to serve. It is completely ‘no added sugar’ as its very lightly sweetened with Truvia brand of stevia blend. It does have calories and carbs, so have a small slice after you have eaten plenty of protein at dinner and send the leftovers home with someone.
No Sugar Carrot Cake
Author: Susan Maria Leach, Before & After
- ¾ cup almond flour
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon cardamom
- ½ cup Truvia spoonable or 24 packets
- 3 large eggs
- One 5 ounce container Chobani Simply 100, Vanilla or Pineapple Coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup grated carrots, freshly cut on box grater and loosely packed into measuring cup, about 3 medium carrots
- 4 ounces Philadelphia light cream cheese (not fat free, which has food starch thickeners)
- 1 cup whipping cream cream
- 1 tablespoon Jello Sugar Free Instant Vanilla Pudding powder
- ¼ cup finely chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8 inch round cake pan with vegetable cooking spray and line with a round of parchment or waxed paper.
- Blend the almond flour, flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and cardamom in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Whisk the Truvia, eggs, yogurt, vanilla and butter in a large bowl until creamy; add the dry ingredients and mix until just blended. Fold in the carrots.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake 30 to 35 minutes until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Turn out onto cooling rack and peel off paper.
- Whip cream cheese until fluffy, add cream and pudding powder and beat until smooth and creamy.
- When cake is completely cooled, scrape frosting onto center of layer, spread to edges and level. Sprinkle with the walnuts. Chill until serving.
Serving size: 12 slices Calories: 233 Fat: 15g Carbohydrates: 15g Sugar: 2g