No products in the cart.
On weekends I often want a special meal for my family but I also want to enjoy the afternoon with them. Thanks to a great marinade and a simple roasting technique I can do both. Easy meals like this make sure my family stays happy and that I stay in my skinny jeans!
~~ SUZANNE SHAW, HEAD ADMIN BE ON FACEBOOK
This week I stumbled across a great looking Flat Iron Steak on sale. They can be a bit on the tough side if you aren’t careful so I started with a simple but tenderizing marinade. Let it sit all day, then roast quickly at a high heat.
SHEET PAN MEAL: Garlic & Brown Sugar Flat Iron Steak
Brown Sugar Flat Iron Steak
Author: Suzi Shaw, Head Admin Bariatric Eating Support
- ½ cup Soy Sauce
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- Juice from One Lemon
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1½ tablespoons Splenda Brown Sugar Blend
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- Flat Iron Steak, 3 pounds
- Cauliflower, chopped into large pieces
- Vegetable Seasoning, I used McCormick's Perfect Pinch Vegetable
- In your shaker cup combine the Soy Sauce, Worcestershire, Lemon Juice, Garlic, Brown Sugar, Black Pepper, Red Pepper, Italian Seasoning. Shake well.
- Add the steak to a large Ziplock baggie and pour marinade on top. Seal bag.
- Keep in fridge for at least 30 min but overnight is best.
- When ready to cook, pre-heat oven to 425
- Shake excess marinade from steak and place on a large sheet pan.
- Spread the cauliflower out. Sprinkle with veggie seasoning.
- Bake 15-20 min depending on how you like your steak. I cooked until 140 degrees internally as I like it on the rare side.
- Allow to rest for at least 5 min, slice into slices and serve
JOIN BARIATRIC EATING SUPPORT GROUP ON FACEBOOK Click Here