No products in the cart.
A slow cooker update to our amazing Stuffed Pepper Soup…
Some days you don’t have time to cook and its nice to come home to a hot bowl of goodness in your slow cooker.
Slow Cooker Supper: Stuffed Pepper Soup
Author: Susan Maria Leach, Before & After
- 1¼ pounds 95% ground sirloin or round - use lean so there is very little fat to drain
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 large green bell peppers, cut into ½ inch dice
- One 28 ounce can petite diced tomatoes - I use Hunts
- One 16 ounce can tomato sauce - I use Hunts
- One 32 ounce carton Swanson Beef Stock - the new stock has more flavor than broth
- ½ teaspoon dried marjoram
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Truvia Brown Sugar replacer - or 4 teaspoons Splenda
- Sea salt and fresh pepper to taste
- 2 cup cooked quinoa, optional
- In a large pan, sauté beef, onions and garlic in the olive oil until the beef is browned and the onions are clear.
- Spoon off as much of the excess fat as possible.
- Transfer the beef pepper mixture to the slow cooker; add the green peppers, tomatoes, tomato sauce, beef stock, marjoram, Worcestershire, soy sauce, and sugar replacer.
- Season with 1 teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon black pepper.
- Set on High for 4 hours or Low for 6 hours.
- Just before serving stir in the cooked quinoa.