No products in the cart.
Hot dogs are my guilty pleasure – everyone loves a good chili dog!
The flavors of a chili dog on a plate! Make sure and buy the good Kosher ones that are lower in fat since you are blanketing these in chili and cheese. Ditto for the ground beef – since its half a pound get the super lean ground sirloin. GO EASY ON THE CHEESE.
Chili Dog Bake
Author: Susan Maria Leach, Before & After
- ½ pound ground beef
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 small green pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 can Bush’s Chili Beans
- 12 ounce package of all beef franks, cut in half both across and lengthwise
- ½ cup shredded cheddar
- Brown the ground beef, garlic, onion and pepper in large frying pan over medium high heat. Drain the fat.
- Add the chili powder, salt Worcestershire, tomato sauce and beams. Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Arrange hot dogs on the bottom of a baking dish - cover with chili, scatter with cheese and top with remaining minced onion.
- Bake at 400 F until hot and bubbling, 15 to 20 minutes.