Even though this is a sugar free cheesecake, it is still very rich and has a lot of calories. However, you can serve it to everyone at your table. This is a delicious and beautiful dessert that everyone will rave about.
Cherry Cheesecake screams Merry Christmas to me! I make this for our holiday dinner every year. It is so easy to make great cheesecake, dont be shy, try it!
Ho ho ho Holiday Cherry Cheesecake sugar free
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- One package Voortman's sugar free Almond cookies
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Three, 8-ounce packages, Philadelphia Reduced Fat Cream Cheese - do not use fat free!
- 1¼ cups Splenda Granulated (in the bag, not the packets!!!)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup Fage Total Greek yogurt or reduced fat sour cream (do not use fat free)
- 4 large eggs
- One jar Smucker’s Sugar Free Cherry Preserves simmered with 10 ounce bag frozen pitted cherries and cooled to room temperature
- Preheat oven to 300ºF. Lightly spray an 8 inch springform cheesecake pan, or deep-dish pie plate with vegetable cooking spray and place on baking sheet.
- Pulse the cookies in the large bowl of a food processor until they are finely ground. Add butter and blend until moistened. Press crumb mixture onto bottom of prepared pan. Set aside.
- Mix cream cheese, Splenda, vanilla, and Greek yogurt with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended and very creamy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition until well blended. Pour the filling into the crust.
- Bake at 300°F for 45 to 50 minutes until center is just set. Sides should be slightly puffed, top golden BUT CAKE SHOULD STILL JIGGLE A BIT IN 2 INCHES OF CENTER. Cool on rack at room temperature.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. Just before serving, spread cherry topping to within 1 inch of edges or spoon filling over each slice of cheesecake on serving plate.