Bake these as small puffy powdered sugar dusted rounds, or as traditional gingerbread men - either way these are a winner. No substitutions if you'd like your cookies to be delicious!
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup Truvia or Splenda Brown Sugar Blend
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Cream the butter and Truvia.
- Stir in the molasses and 1/2 cup water.
- Mix the flour, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg in a small bowl, and add to the wet ingredients.
- Blend until soft dough forms.
- Using a 1 1/2 teaspoon metal ice cream type scoop, or teaspoon place small round portions 1 inch apart on a lined or well greased cookie sheet.
- Chill dough several hours or overnight. Roll out 1/2 inch thick. Cut into circles, trees, or gingerbread men using cookie cutters.
- Place on well greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees until, when touched lightly with finger, almost no imprint remains.
- Leave on baking sheet 2-3 minutes, then remove to cooling rack.