Zero Sugar Berry Sparkle
Jello is the most underrated dessert of all time - add some fresh berries and wow. In this recipe you can actually taste the FIZZ of the soda. Its a great party dish even if you pour it into a bowl instead of a ring mold.
I do not eat sugar, even more than 20 years after my bariatric surgery. I love love love sugar free Jello as it allows me to have something cold and fruity that satisfies the sweet tooth before it hits me.
- 2 four serving boxes Strawberry or Raspberry sugar free Jello powder
- 2 cups POM pomegranate juice, bring to a boil in small pot
- 1 1/2 cups cold zero sugar ginger ale or sparkling flavored water
- 2 cups mixed berries (such as blueberries, raspberries, blackberries)
- Pour the boiling pomegranate juice over the jello powder in a medium bowl - stir until gelatin is fully dissolved.
- Stir in soda and refrigerate until thickened to the consistency of an egg white, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Fold in berries and spoon into 5 or 6 cup mold. Refrigerate until firm. Unmold and serve.
- You can also pour the berry jello mixture into a large glass bowl as well.