My husband loves having his own little chicken - a Cornish game hen is a delicious meal at a great price.
I often see them at Target and Walmart priced at two 24 ounce hens for $8. Two hens easily feed four people, (but my husband likes to have one all to himself!) This meal gets a LOT of praise for how simple it is.
Cornish Hens taste great and are super juicy. They crisp up nicely in an air fryer or convection oven as well. You can find Cornish Hens in almost all supermarkets, either in the fresh or frozen chicken section.Ingredients
- One Cornish Game Hen, or frozen that has been thawed
- Olive oil
- 1/2 of a fresh lemon
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper or use salt mixed with smoked paprika and rosemary or any seasoning blend for chicken
- Preheat air fryer as per directions - I used the 390 setting. If using convection toaster oven or oven, preheat to 400 degrees.
- Paint the hen with olive oil, squeeze the lemon juice into the hen and then place the squeezed rind inside the hen. Season inside and outside with salt and pepper. Tie the legs with kitchen string.
- Place in the air fryer basket. (or on a Pam-sprayed baking sheet) and air fry or bake until golden and cooked through or deep thigh temp reaches 170 degrees with meat thermometer, 20 to 25 minutes minutes.