My Grandmother was the best cook! This simple salad is one that I remember from Luncheon Parties she hosted.
It's something I make frequently and I love it with any protein, or as a refreshing lunch on it's own.
- 1/2 cup (a 4 or 5 ounce container) plain Greek yogurt (do not use fat free)
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon Truvia
- Sea salt & cracked black pepper to taste
- One large English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 small shallots, thinly sliced
- Combine the yogurt, vinegar, 1 tablespoon dill, Truvia, salt & pepper in a medium bowl.
- Add cucumbers and shallots then toss to coat.
- Cover and chill for at least one hour.
- Toss again before serving, the yogurt dressing will have thinned, top with the remaining fresh chopped dill.
The longer you let the salad sit the better the flavors will be. I make my salad as my Grandma did, early in the morning with the intention of it to be eaten with dinner. If serving for lunch it will be slightly crunchy but still very delicious!
Tonight I am pairing this salad with a thinly sliced chicken breast seasoned with a blend I make with the following bottles in my spice cabinet. Sprinkle this on chicken before it is roasted in the convection oven:
- Salt & Pepper
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder