Only 6 ingredients - it will be the best cheesecake you've ever tasted. Plus, it is easy to make. Shhhhhh, don't tell anyone. Perfect for holidays, parties, birthdays. You will be famous.
I make this a couple of times a year and I have said this before so do not be shocked, but I make the best cheesecake I have ever had anywhere. It is a 10 on the cheesecake scale and quite a showstopper whether baked in a springform or a pie plate. It's a wonderful dessert that just happens to not have added sugar. It will be very easy for you to also get a fantastic result but DO NOT give away the recipe! The key is to NOT over bake. Relax, it will be absolutely delicious and everyone will love it!
Why do we even have a No Sugar Cheesecake? After surgery we still interact with people who have not had bariatric surgery. This is a fabulous dessert to share at a holiday or celebration table. This is not an 'anytime food', it's No Sugar Added... not fat free, not carb or calorie free. Its not meant for you to sit and indulge, but to occasionally enjoy a slice of dessert with family and friends after a meal.
IMPORTANT: Please use Philadelphia brand cream cheese, it does not have the gums and thickeners that the other brands use. Even more important is to not use Fat Free cream cheese as it contains even MORE gums and thickeners to make them 'fake' creamy. Trust me, remember that I am the Cheesecake Queen.
PRO TIP: I have used a small 7 inch springform pan in the top photo, it makes a small but thicker cheesecake. In the lower photo I used an 8 inch pie plate.
Cherry Cheesecake screams Merry Christmas to me! I make this for our holiday dinner every year. It is so easy to make great cheesecake, don't be shy, try it!
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- One package sugar free butter or oatmeal cookies - Voortmans and Murray are supermarket brands.
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Three, 8-ounce packages, Philadelphia Cream Cheese - NOT FAT FREE which has food starches that will ruin the texture.
- 3/4 cup Truvia baking blend
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sour cream - NOT FAT FREE
- 4 large eggs
- One jar Smucker's Sugar Free Preserves simmered with 10 ounce bag frozen pitted cherries and cooled to room temperature
- Preheat oven to 300 F.
- Lightly spray an 8 inch springform cheesecake pan, or deep-dish pie plate with vegetable cooking spray and place on baking sheet.
- Pulse the cookies in the large bowl of a food processor until they are finely ground. Add butter and blend until moistened.
- Press crumb mixture onto bottom of prepared pan. Set aside.
- Mix cream cheese, Truvia, vanilla, and sour cream with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended and very creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition until well blended. Pour the filling into the crust.
- Bake at 300F for 45 to 50 minutes, until center is just set. Sides should be slightly puffed, top just turning golden BUT CAKE SHOULD STILL JIGGLE A BIT IN 2 INCHES OF CENTER. Cool on rack at room temperature. We cannot give you an exact time for doneness, which is why we give you visual cues.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Just before serving, spread cherry topping to within 1 inch of edges or I like to spoon some cherry filling over each slice of cheesecake as it is being served.