Let's Cook and Get Through This! Simple Pantry Meals that are Bariatric Friendly.
Easy Meals You Can Make Today!
- Taco Soup - So cozy and comforting!
- Sloppy Joes - A true classic made Bariatric Friendly
- Lasagna Soup - Yes it really does taste like Lasagna!
- Smoked Sausage and Broccoli Pie - Easy and delicious! This one will make everyone happen
- Egg Drop Soup - Easier than take out!
- Smoked Sausage & Corn Chowder - A quick and easy lunch when everyone else is eating PB & J
No Recipe Needed!
Bariatric Chili Dog
- In your microwave or small skillet, heat a hot dog and 1/4 cup Bush's Chili Beans.
- Serve nestled in a romaine lettuce boat. (if you don't have one, a bowl is perfect too)
- Top with whatever you like on your hot dog - mustard ketchup onion!!
Microwave Hot Dog Omelet
- Spray a small mug or dish with cooking spray.
- Crack an egg into the mug - scramble with a fork.
- Add a dash of salt and pepper
- Add a sliced hot dog.
- Microwave on high for 30 seconds; stir.
- Microwave 15 seconds at a time until eggs are puffed and set.
- Do not walk away as it will cook quickly. Please note that the cook times are suggestions as microwaves vary in power. Yours may require a shorter or longer cooking time.
Sausage & Veggies
- Cook sliced smoked sausage or hot dogs in a non-stick pan until browned.
- Add a bag of frozen mixed vegetables.
- Season with seasoned salt and black pepper, or the blend of your choice. (we love Cavenders Greek seasoning!)
- Cook, stirring, until vegetables are fork-tender.
Don't Forget Dessert!
The trick to beating your sweet tooth during times like these is to plan ahead for a little something sweet! Make an old fashioned bowl of sugar free jello. Like your mom and grandma did!