Meatball Parm Soup
I traveled to Salt Lake City for a meeting and had soup from Caputo's Italian Deli that was so delicious that I had to recreate it at home.
This is it. Really Easy and Delicious! Tastes just like cheesy meatball parm but in a soup. Mmmmmm.
I took a shortcut by using Aidell's Carmelized Onion Chicken Meatballs and they were perfect for the dish. You can use any frozen or packaged meatball, but Aidell's is good quality. 15 Minutes to the table but tastes like it has been simmering for hours. Try it!
- 1 medium onion, cut into small dice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- One 26 ounce can crushed fire roasted tomatoes with juice
- 1 cup chicken broth or 1 chicken cube with 8 ounces water
- One 15 ounce can cannelini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- One 12 ounce package Aidell's Meatballs, either caramelized onion or Italian, halved or quartered
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan or pecorino Romano cheese - with additional for serving
- In a medium heavy saucepan over medium-high heat, saute the onion and garlic in the olive oil until softened and translucent, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes, broth, beans, basil, oregano, black pepper and meatballs.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer over low for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat - stir in the cheese - serve with additional sprinkle of cheese.