Spritz Cookies, sugar free
Classic buttery Christmas cookies. In my home, the holiday does not arrive with out this cookie! Truvia turns out a delicious and sugar free version for all to enjoy. This recipe does not work using Splenda. If you don't have a cookie press, buy one on Amazon. You'll thank me! There is nothing more joyful than a tray of gorgeous decorated Christmas Cookies on your coffee table.
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup Truvia Baking blend sugar replacer
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- decorative sanding sugar - Walmart had the most beautiful Ive ever seen!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cream together the butter, Truvia, egg yolks and vanilla until fluffy - using either food processor or hand mixer.
- Add the flour and collect into a smooth ball.
- I use a cookie press but if you dont have one, roll the dough into 1 inch balls, arrange on an ungreased baking sheet and flatten with a fork in a criss-cross pattern like you would with peanut butter cookies.
- If you have a cookie press, fill the cookie press, insert the desired die and force the dough onto an ungreased baking sheet. I love the snowflake and Christmas trees.
- These cookies don't really spread out so you can place them fairly close together.
- Sprinkle each cookie with a pinch of colored sugar.
- Bake at 400 degrees until set and barely light golden brown around the very edges, 5 to 7 minutes - do not overbake.
- Remove to a wire rack and cool.