Stuffed Meatloaf Cups
Meals do not have to be fancy or difficult to prepare - with a long list of ingredients! They can be pretty basic as long as they are nicely plated.
I cannot stress this point enough as I see so many of you eating from paper plates. It is one of the reasons you were morbidly obese. Its easy to fall into the trap of not caring enough about yourself to even put your food on a plate. Try using plates and start caring about how you feed yourself and your family and feel the transformation that takes place. Its exciting. Trust us.Ingredients
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound lean ground beef or turkey
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup freshly grated cheddar
- chopped fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly coat a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- Saute the onion, garlic and mushrooms in the olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium high heat until mushrooms release juices. Continue to cook until liquid evaporates and mushrooms turn golden. Season with salt, pepper, and remove pan from burner to cool.
- Combine the ground beef with the salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce in a medium bowl.
- Using an ice cream scoop (1/3 cup), place level scoop of meat in each of 8 muffin cups. Using your fingers, press the meat evenly on cup bottom and up sides to form a cup.
- fill each cup with some of the mushroom mixture and top with a tablespoon of cheddar. Bake 15-20 minutes. Cheese should be lightly browned. Top with a few of the chopped chives and serve.
- NOTE: In my photo, I had some prosciutto in the fridge so I topped my cups with chopped prosciutto before adding the cheese. It was delicious but totally optional.