No products in the cart.
Shrimp & Scallops with Salsa Beans
This dish features fresh seafood with a snappy side dish that comes together faster than you can cook your Shrimp and Scallops on the grill pan!
- 1 can black beans - drained
- 1 cup prepared salsa - I grab a container from the produce department as they do not contain preservatives
- 4 sea scallops - patted dry
- 4 jumbo shrimp - peeled and cleaned
- SML's Cancun Chili Mix or chili powder
- Olive oil
- Combine the beans and salsa in a small saucepan and simmer over medium heat. Season to taste with a bit of SML Cancun Chili Mix.
- Heat grill or saute pan over medium high, until smoking. Brush the scallops and shrimp with olive oil, sprinkle with Cancun Chili Mix, arrange on the hot grill pan or saute pan and cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side until just cooked through.
- Spoon the beans on serving plates and arrange the grilled seafood on top.
Serving size: Serves 2