I buy whole chicken breasts at Fresh Market for $3 a pound and pulse them in my food processor for beautiful lean fresh minced chicken. This dish is tasty and fast! I also serve it as a BBQ Chicken Salad as well... super satisfying and an easy to eat bariatric texture. Whole family friendly. My husband loves this on a soft bun! I also serve it to guests on my patio when we have a sports gathering. Its a wonderful dish. The flavors of the bbq sauce cooled with the creamy honey mustard dressing is wonderful.
- 1/2 cup sugar free or low sugar BBQ sauce - DL Hughes sugar free is available almost everywhere including Walmart
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons whole grain or Creole mustard
- 1 teaspoon Tony Chatcheres Creole or Cajun seasoning
- 1 1/4 pounds lean ground turkey or chicken (I pulse whole chicken breast in food processor)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onion
- Four large romaine lettuce leaves
- 1/4 cup Bolthouse Farms Honey Mustard Yogurt Dressing
- Blend barbecue sauce, tomato sauce, mustard, Creole seasoning, and 1/2 cup water in skillet over medium high heat. Add turkey and allow it to warm and melt into the sauce as it cooks. This will give it a finer texture. Simmer until water has reduced and sauce has thickened.
- Fill each romaine leaf with turkey and drizzle with the prepared dressing.