Small Perfect Cheesecake
Sometimes I only need a small cheesecake for an anniversary or holiday for two. I use this recipe that makes less batter and put it in a smaller pan!
I am the Cheesecake Queen. The key is to NOT over bake. Relax, it will be absolutely delicious and everyone will love it!
Remember that this is not an 'anytime food', it's Zero Sugar Added... it is not fat free, not carb or calorie free. Its not meant for you to sit and indulge, but to occasionally enjoy a slice of dessert with family and friends after you have eaten a meal.
IMPORTANT: Please use Philadelphia brand cream cheese, it does not have the gums and thickeners that the other brands use. Even more important is to not use Fat Free cream cheese as it contains even MORE gums and thickeners to make them 'fake' creamy. Trust me, remember that I am the Cheesecake Queen.
PRO TIP: I have used a small 7 inch springform pan in the top photo, it makes a small but thicker cheesecake. You can find one on Amazon.
- 1 cup crushed sugar free cookie crumbs, from a package of Voortman's or Murray No Sugar Added Oatmeal Cookies (there will be three rows, use two!)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Two, 8-ounce packages, Philadelphia Cream Cheese - NOT fat free
- 1/4 cup Truvia or 1/2 cup Splenda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Fage Total Greek yogurt or sour cream - buy a small individual 5 ounce container for this recipe as it is the best brand, do NOT use fat free yogurt
- 3 large eggs
- Comstock No Sugar Added Cherry Pie Filling - hard to find, but good.
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In food processor pulse the cookies until evenly ground. Add butter and pulse until mixture resembles damp sand. Transfer to springform pan or pie plate and press firmly on bottom using bottom of measuring cup. Place on a cookie sheet and set aside.
In same food processor, wiped clean but not washed, blend the cream cheese, sugar replacer, vanilla and Greek yogurt until very smooth, scraping down sides and reblending until creamy. Add the eggs one at a time, processing 30 seconds after each until smooth. Scrape down bowl. Pulse again.
Pour into the crust and bake until sides are puffed and center is set but still slightly jiggly, 35 to 40 minutes. Better to slightly under bake than over bake. I judge by gently moving the cookie sheet and watching the movement in the center of the cake. Remove and cool to room temperature. Chill for 2 or more hours before cutting and serving with cherry topping
IfF you cannot find the Comstock NO ADDED SUGAR Pie Filling, use a little Smuckers Sugar Free Strawberry Preserves that you have whisked with a fork until a spoonable texture.