Best Pineapple Glazed Ham, No Sugar Added
So much better than a store bought glazed ham... this tastes homemade. It's sweet yet it is sugar free!
The entire family willl LOVE this sticky delicious beautifully glazed ham. Make sure you glaze it during its short baking time in order to get those delectable crispy edges. Serve with small roasted sweet potatoes and a lovely baby spinach salad with Roasted Strawberry Dressing. Thats all you need!
- One whole fresh pineapple, cored and cut into 1/2 inch slices, 1/2 cup juice reserved or 1 can Dole Pineapple Rings in natural juice, 1/2 cup juice reserved
- 2 tablespoons butter
- One jar Smucker's Sugar Free Orange Marmalade
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves - to simmer in glaze and stick into the ham
- 3 to 5 pound fully cooked smoked ham, I prefer the shank half
- Sauté the pineapple slices in the butter, in a large non stick skillet over high heat until they begin to caramelize and have a bit of golden brown color.
- Lower heat, add the preserves, reserved pineapple juice, vinegar, 10 whole cloves, a big pinch of salt and a few grinds of pepper - cook until thick and syrupy, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Place ham into a small roasting pan, add 1/4 cup water, score the fat and poke whole cloves into the surface.
- Roast in preheated 325 degree oven until hot - about 8 minutes per pound - remember that the ham is already cooked and you are heating it.
- Increase oven temp to 400. Spoon some of the glaze and pan juices over ham, return to oven and cook until some browned edges are created - 10 to 15 minutes - watch carefully so it does not burn.
- Slice so each piece has a bit of glazed edge and serve with the sautéed pineapple slices and additional glaze.