This meal is a GIFT. So easy yet so delicious you could serve it to guests! Perfect summer evening meal - open a bottle of V Sattui Gamay Rouge and enjoy the evening.
This is a one dish meal. Since it has tomato you can serve it alone or place each dressed chicken cutlet on a large Butter lettuce leaf and serve as a plated meal.Ingredients
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves with the tenders removed
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon butter
- mozarella, I use fresh mozarells that is packed in water in a tub as its just delicous!
- thinly sliced ripe tomatoes
- fresh basil leaves
- balsamic glaze - in a bottle in the salad dressing section
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Even out the thick side of your breasts by smacking them with smooth side of meat mallet or cover with plastic wrap and gently flatten with the bottom of a wine bottle.
- Season the flattened cutlets on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat until the butter foams. You can also grill the chicken cutlets over medium high heat until just cooked through.
- Add the chicken and sauté on one side until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Reduce heat to medium. Flip and leave to cook until just cooked through. Transfer to serving plates.
- Top each cutlet with thinly sliced mozzarella, overlap a few tomato slices, scatter with small torn basil leaves, drizzle with the balsamic glaze and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. This is a hot cold dish, so serve immediately.