I love Goya brand Adobo seasoning. It is super popular in Florida but you should be able to buy it in any supermarket and for sure on Amazon. It is a super flavorful dry mix of paprika, black pepper, onion powder, oregano, cumin garlic, chili powder, salt, plus secret ingredients I am not privy to. Just get the Goya!
Summer corn is a gift. I would not waste my time or carbs on frozen or canned corn but in July and August when there is a huge pile of fresh corn that looks like it was just brought in from the fields, count me in. Corn did not create our obesity issue, over indulgence did. Have half an ear of fresh summer corn. Its a vegetable!Ingredients
- 2 pounds bone in chicken legs and or thighs - I make chicken legs because they are tender moist and easy to eat plus a bonus of being budget friendly
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Goya Adobo seasoning
- Fresh sweet corn broken into halves or smaller rounds if desired, simmered in water for 10 minutes, drained and dried for the grill
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup chicken broth or bouillon
- place the chicken pieces in a large bowl and toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil and 2 tablespoons Goya Seasoning until well coated.
- Preheat oven or grill to medium high and cook chicken, turning frequently until juices run clear then move to side of grill. While chicken cooks, grill corn rounds, basting frequently in a mixture of the melted butter, chicken broth and 1 tablespoon Goya Adobo Seasoning until the edges show a light char.
- Pile the chicken and the corn in a big bowl to place in the center of the table. Serve with sliced cucumber salad tossed with ranch or blue cheese dressing.