Chinese Chicken Salad
Wolfgang Puck has been making this crazy popular dish in his restaurants for many years - for me, its the perfect meal with lots of flavor. The trick is in the dressing. Super easy too!
Pick up the ingredients on the way home from work and you can have this amazing supper salad on the table in under fifteen minutes. This is a great excuse to get out that big wooden salad bowl you hardly ever use as its ideal for tossing this gorgeous salad. The secret to the lip smacking dressing is the kick of Coleman's Dry Mustard and toasted sesame. Mmmmmm.
- 2 teaspoons Coleman's English Dry Mustard, small yellow tin located in spice section
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar - also called rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Half of a rotisserie chicken, meat pulled from bones and shredded
- A small head of Napa cabbage, about one pound, cut into 1/4 inch julienne strips
- 2 cups romaine lettuce, cut into 1/4 inch julienne strips, or mixed baby greens
- 1 cup mixed vegetables of choice, carrots, snow peas, cucumbers, cut into 1/4 inch julienne strips or bite sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds or sliced almonds
- Whisk the dry mustard, vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, and peanut oil in a medium bowl until smooth. Season with salt and pepper; set aside.
- Combine the chicken, cabbage, romaine and carrots in a large salad bowl and toss with enough vinaigrette to coat the salad nicely.
- Sprinkle the salad with sesame seeds and serve immediately.