Now here's a family friendly meal idea. Skip the frozen junk and grab the kids to help you make these for everyone to enjoy!
This hot hot hot recipe uses our Inspire Protein Pancake Mix. We recommend using All Beef or Kosher hot dogs - Hebrew National, Nathan's, Sabrett - as they have less fat plus you want a nice flavor pop in the center of your bite.
You can double recipe to feed more people! These taste great.Ingredients
- 4 Hot Dogs, each cut into 6 equal pieces
- 1 cup Inspire Silver Dollar Protein Pancake Mix
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal (optional, but will give your bites a much more authentic texture and flavor)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a Mini Muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray - I have a 24 count pan.
- In a bowl combine Inspire Pancake Mix, cornmeal and 3/4 cup water - let batter rest for 3 to 4 minutes to properly thicken.
- Divide batter evenly in the wells of the muffin pan - each should be only a little more than HALF full.
- Place one piece of hot dog in each, letting the end show through the batter.
- Bake 10 to 14 minutes, until puffed and golden.
- Repeat, if you are making yours in smaller batches due to pan size.
- Serve with no sugar or sugar free ketchup and or mustard as desired.
Makes 24 bites, a serving is 6 bites as that is one hot dog.